A range of powers of the Bureau of the compulsory enforcement are delegated to the relevant organizations
The Decree of the President “On additional measures to improve the mechanism for the sale of natural gas and electric energy” was adopted.
In accordance with the Decree, starting from August 1, 2020, the following tasks and powers of the Bureau of the compulsory enforcement are transferred to the Ministry of Energy.
- the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Uzbekistan – will organize and monitor of the implementation of modern automated systems for monitoring and accounting for the consumption of electric energy and natural gas, as well as alternative energy sources;
- territorial enterprises of JSC Regional Electric Grids and regional gas supply organizations of JSC «Khududgaztaminot» - will ensure the completeness and timeliness of payments, reducing consumer debt, as well as accounting for the sale and consumption of electric energy and natural gas;
- territorial enterprises of JSC Regional Electric Networks and regional gas supply organizations of JSC Khududgaztaminot and relevant law enforcement agencies - the identification, suppression and prevention of theft, illegal connection to electric and gas distribution networks;
- the Ministry of Energy, JSC «Regional Electric Networks», JSC «Khududgaztaminot» - tasked with the increasing of the legal culture and responsibility of consumers for the prudent attitude and rational use of electric energy and natural gas;
- the Ministry of Energy – will conduct a comprehensive analysis, identifying systemic problems, developing proposals for improving the system for providing settlements for energy resources.
Source: Legal Info (https://t.me/leginf)